Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Pix and W2K VPN

From: Christoph Puetz <puetzc () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 12:32:52 -0800 (PST)

Update:

Bruce was right - the router LAN Ip settings can be
changed. I had only looked under the DHCP tab but
found the other section after his suggestion. Thanks!

Anyway - decided not to go thru the DMZ but straight
thru the firewall into the server and things worked
right away (except for a Windows XP client who is
unable to browse the network but can use PCAnywhere).
Saves me lots of time and makes the boss happy.

Thanks!

Chris

--- Bruce Platt <Bruce () ei3 com> wrote:
Are you sure the "little routers" can't be changed?

I ask because we had the same issue here, though not
with MS VPN.  If it's a
Linksys 4 port type, the LAN address can be changed
by using the Status tab
(I think) on the router config page accessible from
your browser.

One then has to think through some network
allocation issues depending on
how many people you have.  Do you give each person a
/24 like 192.168.25.0?
etc.

Regards