Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Sonicwall or Watchguard

From: Wayne T Work <wwork () cybergnostic com>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 13:05:07 -0500

I only have on name to give you "Watchguard" Money, features all compare but the darn thing works like a champ and for the pricing you can't buy one with FW, VPN (with DHCP remote host capable), Antivirus, URL content filtering, logging, and a great management console.

At 03:21 PM 12/7/2001 -0600, daniel uriah clemens wrote:

> I'm looking for a firewall solution for one of my clients, I've been
> pointed towards both the Watchguard and Sonicwall products.  Both seem
> to fit the bill in function and price, but from what little I know I can
> see pro's and con's of both product ranges but I can't find any direct
> comparisons.  Just wondering if anyone could provide any further input
> on which direction I should go it?

I can speak from experience that the sonicwall when doing its job it works
GREAT!. One of the downsides of the SonicWall seems to be that when there
is a power outage sonicwall will drop its config. You then have to
reconfigure teh sonicwall.

Other than that it seems to work great.

-dc