Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Checkpoint rule 0 "unknown est. tcp connection" drops

From: <black () galaxy silvren com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 10:23:46 -0400 (EDT)

I applied the hotfix, it took care of the problem. Thanks for the help!
Since I thought it was a checkpoint problem, I did not bother to look on
Nokia's site. I am in fact running IPSO 3.4, I recently upgraded.

On a side note, BOTH of the firewalls (set up in a redundant fashion using
VRRP) crashed and rebooted within 10 minutes of coming up with the hotfix
applied. If anyone else is thinking of applying this without scheduling
downtime, I would be very careful and apply the hotfix at least 30 minutes
apart, so that if one of the firewalls decides to reboot you don't get
caught with your pants down.

After the crash, it's been stable... so far... and no more drops!

Again, thanks for the help!