Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: MAC Address Chart

From: "Charles C. Lindsay" <lindsay () mail toplayer com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 11:05:20 -0400 (EDT)

Where does one find a MAC address to manufacturer chart?

http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/index.shtml

http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/ethernet-numbers

Both are strictly voluntary, and not exactly current.  IEEE is still,
I think, the numbering authority for OUI.  IANA maintains an OUI list
as an addendum to its "Ether Types" assignments.  I don't believe that
there is any formal relationship between the two, so entries get added
to the IANA OUI list only at the specific behest of the owning
company.

It is notable that companies represented by several of the those OUIs
are long defunct, so tracing their current relationships might be
challenging...

CCL

   From: bparis () sorrentolactalis com
   Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:40:34 -0400

   Where does one find a MAC address to manufacturer chart?

   Bill Paris
   System/Network Analyst
   Sorrento Lactalis Inc.
   716-823-6262 x376
   bparis () sorrentolactalis com

--
Charles C. Lindsay       TopLayer Networks, Inc.      508-870-1300 x147
lindsay () TopLayer com     "Layers Above The Rest"      508-870-9797 FAX