Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: IPChains and VPN

From: Simeon Johnston <simeonuj () eetc com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 22:59:30 -0500

We are using  FreeS/WAN on the firewall instead of PoPToP on an internal
server.  I have already compiled the new kernel (2.2.17, without the PPTP
patches that that are most likely still required) with FreeS/WAN and am
running it right now.  I have not tested it yet, I'll have to do that
tomorrow (sorry about the wait) and I probably havn't configured it properly
but there it is.

what kind of specifics were you looking for?
It is running on a SUPERSparc 10, redhat 6.2.  Uses a static IP address.

I would like to know how to compile ipmasqadm.  I downloaded the source but
it will not compile.  I think it may need to be put into a special directory
(/usr/src?) but I can't find anything on it.  Also, will this work with
2.2.17?  The website is rather old and looks out of date.  The package from
redhat is also really old ( for 2.1.xx).  I have to allow some other traffic
through to internal hosts and this is what I'm stuck on.

It has been a long night

sim