Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Update - Tool for BlackIce Defender now v1.1

From: "Quattrocchi, Michael" <Michael.Quattrocchi () Compaq com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 14:36:09 -0400

All :

This may not be as enterprise-targeted as some of the other postings on this
list, but previous postings here
have provided many interested people; and nobody could argue that having no
intrusion detection and avoidance is better
than having something. Also, the homepage for the utility has changed, so
this can be considered a "heads-up" for
interested users.

I have updated the ASP tool I have been working on for web-based viewing of
Network Ice's BlackIce Defender.
The tool is now at v1.1, and is available for free download. The tool,
BlackiceWebViewer, runs on any ASP-compliant webserver.
I have tested it personally on Microsoft's PWS and IIS5.

Updates to the tool as part of v1.1 now include :
- ability to clear the logs via the web
- log clearing is password protected
- fixed a few bugs and cleaned up the code a bit
- a few more miscellaneous changes

You can read more about it at :
http://www3.geocities.com/revelation909

A working demo version of it is available to be seen there as well.

thanks;
---
Michael Quattrocchi
Hardware Engineer