Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Help ... I'm no wizard :)

From: hermit1 <hermits () mac com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 08:25:50 -0700

If you are getting traffic from the reserved IP blocks, either someone is spoofing their address or their network is failing to translate addresses correctly, or maybe someone pretty clueless is setting up a system. The only two reasons I can think of for address spoofing are to generate traffic back to the spoofed IP, or to deliver covert information - either way they don't expect to get any response. You should be blocking anything with a source address you can't reply to.

hermit1