Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

SMTP Security Server

From: "zaza napoli" <napolizaza () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 18:31:34 CEST

I would like to know if one of you has already encountered any problem with Firewall-1 SMTP security server

Our config is as follow :
Firewall-1 4.0 SP5
NT 4.0 SP5
Esafe Gateway 2.1 on a separated machine running NT4.0 SP5

The problem we have is that sometimes the firewall's spool is blocked. I mean it can spool messages but it never forwards them. It seems that it happens when the spool is quite big (> 50 Mo). The only way we found to "solve" this problem is to stop FW1 service, move the biggest messages in another directory. Re-start the service and wait until the spool is small enough. Then we can move again the previously-moved-messages in the spool.

As this problem occurs at least twice a week, our solution is not good. We spend a lot of time moving messages, etc...

Does anyone have an idea ? or the same problem ?