Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: blocking/monitoring ssh

From: Sean Michael Whipkey <highway () cstone net>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 11:51:44 -0400

"J. Eric Townsend" wrote:
--snip usage of SSH for unauthorized reasons--
I can't turn SSH off, however, since we rely on it for many projects.

Do I have an answer?  No.  But I don't think either extreme is a good
solution.

It would seem to me that in that situation, you shouldn't be looking for
as much of a technical solution but rather an administrative one.

If he's not supposed to use SSH in that way, then it should be in your
usage policy for your company.  It's the same thing, in my opinion, as
using the WWW or e-mail in ways that are not allowed.

SeanMike

--
SeanMike Whipkey - "I figured that most of you were really nice people,
or total geeks, hiding behind some sort of Web persona, but with the