Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

CISCO PIX AND VPN

From: "Christopher J. Wargaski" <cjw () rmsbus com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 19:46:57 -0500

Hey Alan--

        From what I understand, only the SafeNet/Soft-PK client works with the
PIX VPN for pre PIX 5.2(1). I was told by Cisco that the PIX 5.2(1) would work
with the VPN client built into Win2K. Supposedly MS worked with Cisco so
the MS VPN client would work with the PIX.

Hello Wizards
I have not seen this question on the board, so please forgive me if it has
been asked before.
Can the Cisco PIX be used with other software clients besides the Cisco VPN
client?
In particular, can I use the Microsoft VPN client with the CISCO Pix?
Is there a URL with directions about this?
Thanks

Alan Young
Director of Product Development
Unipass Technologies, Inc.