Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Open Source vs. Closed Source [ was Re: Firewall Throughput ]

From: amanda <amanda () wineasy se>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 09:36:36 "GMT"

You could always make an anonymous post to bugtraq and attach some exploit
code for the script kiddies. That should get the vendors attention. Or at
least it will make some other customers complain loudly to the vendor.

Just look at how Microsoft reacted to last summers IIS exploit from eEye.
For several days they completely ignored it until it turned up on bugtraq.
Then they fixed it in a few hours.

Amanda.