Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Blocking outbound FTP on FW-1

From: Daniel Howe <dhowe () cirsa com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 14:51:57 +0200

I understand the creating the resource object for FTP and the rule part. My
problem is how to configure properly the resource to do it. Here is the rule
I have
Origin Destination Service        Action
mybox           Any        FTP->res-ftp  Drop or Accept (same response)
FTP->res-ftp has
Path * and PUT checked. I do not have a CVP server.
trying to ftp from mybox I get the following:

$ ftp ftp.debian.org
Connected to ftp.debian.org.
220 aftpd: Check Point FireWall-1 Secure FTP server running on firewall
Name (ftp.debian.org:buddy): ftp
331 aftpd (not authenticated): Enter server password, or for anonymous login
use
 your complete e-mail addr
Password:
413 aftpd: Connection to 216.66.54.50 failed
Login failed.
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection
ftp>
$
I get same response with Action = Accept or Drop.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Daniel.