Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: ssh2 server on NT

From: "Robert Collins" <robert.collins () itdomain com au>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 09:29:58 +1100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nate Campi" <nate () campin net>
To: "hermit1" <hermits () mac com>
Cc: "Todd Joseph" <todd () connactivity connactivity com>;
<firewall-wizards () nfr net>
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2000 5:21 AM
Subject: Re: [fw-wiz] ssh2 server on NT

On Sun, 5 Nov 2000, hermit1 wrote:

As near as I can tell, the cygwin stuff is only ssh1, and I need ssh2 to
go
along with the ssh2 servers on the real (unix) machines.  But the
installation description certainly sounds about the right level, and is
simpler than anything else I have seen for the cygwin version.

I have a Win2K box running cygwin and OpenSSH. OpenSSH does SSH protocol
version 2.

I think I found the link right on the cygwin site, perhaps in the mailing
list archive.

Nate

OpenSSH recently got added to the cygwin distro: just running the "install
cygwin now" icon will give you the option to download the openssh and
openssl tarballs along with cygwin/gcc etc. If you want a ssh-only install,
at a minimum you probably need
ash
cygwin
bash
login
openssh
openssl

but search the cygwin list archives for a better answer :]

Rob