Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Traffic Mapping/Throughput Tools

From: "Alex Goldney" <agoldney () qantas com au>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 13:00:05 +1000

Well,
            I don't know of any particular site, but there's a few tools I
know of that might give you what you want.  Have a look at them and pick
the one that suits you best.
I don't have the links handy, but you'll find them all if you look on
freshmeat.

tcpstat - really nifty vmstat type output.  If you want graphs, you'll need
to gnuplot it yourself.  I like this one, cause it allows for post analysis
(of small dumps) and is very flexible.  gnuplot scripts aren't too
difficult, and then you aren't limited by what someone else thought you
might want.

ksniffer - haven't used it, but it looks nice sorta a graphical IPTraf.

IPtraf - pretty comprehensive, text based, no graphs.

etherape - a fairly good realtime overview (graphical).  There's also
etherman, but that appears to be unmaintained now.

epan - it didn't work too well for me as a package, and I didn't have time
to muck about with it.

Alex.