Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: VLAN tagging and Checkpoint FW-1

From: mvargas () tnsi com
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 11:23:29 -0500

I run several FW-1 firewalls on Solaris with VLANs configured.  I have not
encountered any problems, Checkpoint just sees separate interfaces.
However, I don't think that Checkpoint sees the VLAN tags, I don't think it
cares.  So if you are trying to do security rules based on VLANs, that is
not supported.

Miguel Vargas