Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Content based routing

From: "Giuseppe Paterno'" <gpaterno () spacelab gpaterno com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 13:04:31 +0000 (GMT)

Hi *,

sorry for the slightly OT and easy message, I would like to setup a
content based routing for HTTP at home (would be suitable also for other
setups ;).

Let's go for an example: as you know, with DSL/Cable you got only one IP,
while I would like to split a couple of site on two machines, let's say
the web frontend for mail on my Sun workstation and my personal web page
on the Linux machine. The best way to archieve it is creating a frontend
(say Squid) that is able to decode the header and redirect the request to
the correct host/port pair. AFAIK the proxy that comes with WebSphere
package is able to do that, any free software ??

Is Apache+rewrite+proxy capable of that ? Any experience ???
Any suggestions ?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
        Gippa

--
Giuseppe "Gippa" Paterno'    - email: gpaterno () spacelab gpaterno com
URL http://www.gpaterno.com  - Fax: +39 178 227 9218