Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: VPN Glossary On Line!

From: "Kurt Buff" <kurtbuff () lightmail com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 21:27:51 -0800

I would guess that the relationship of the annual solar limit (total annual
energy output of the sun?) to cryptography would be that one can peg an
energy cost for each computer instruction. One can then calculate in a rough
way the capacity of a theoretical computing unit whose energy source is the
sun. Seems like a fairly arbitrary measure, but then, in science, most are.