Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: reverse proxy using apache

From: Adrian Brinton <adrian () brinton to>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 23:08:20 -0800

I use it as an alternative to port forwarding. Using Apache, I can proxy
requests to a back end machine without allowing direct connectivity. You
can't use 90% of the IIS exploits that come out because Apache chokes on
them. A (non-security related) benefit is that I can also run multiple
servers on different FQDN's from one IP too.

I do mail relay with qmail too... this is my home network, so the geek
factor is really more compelling than any real security concerns :)

adrian
adrian () brinton to