Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Firewall host configuration

From: Vinu Venugopal <firewall () satyamonline com>
Date: 18 Jan 2000 01:57:33 -0800

Hi All,

We propose to start a managed firewall service.  I am new to this service and need some help.

We would use Axent Raptor firewall (NT/Solaris) depending on the customer requirements.

I need some data on how to fix the configuration of the host machine.  The factors that some to my mind are : No. of
hosts behind the firewall, avge no. of TCP connections, peak number of TCP connections, avge and peak values of the
bytes transferred, and the number of interfaces on the firewall.

Can anyone suggest different host machine configurations depending on the OS and the factors that I detailed above.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

VINU