Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Problems with alerts

From: "Andy Davis" <andy () fiveacre demon co uk>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 16:37:36 -0000

I am trying to get Fiewall-1 to pop up an alert box when a certain rule is brought into play, for example if anyone
tries to finger the firewall box I want to know about it.

I set up a rule saying:

source (not my firewall)  destination (my firewall) service (finger) action (drop) track (alert) install on (gateways)

In policy...properties...log and alert:

Popup alert command: alertf  60 2 fwalert (i.e if someone fingers me twice within 60 seconds - its the only way I know
how to do it)

I make sure that the system status is opened.

When I try to finger the firewall the log viewer logs the fact that I cannot connect with finger and says that it's an
alert but the alert does not pop up.

Hopefully someone can help,

Thanks in advance,

Andy Davis.