Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: mitigating the lack of a firewall

From: "R. DuFresne" <dufresne () sysinfo com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 16:15:55 -0600 (CST)

As lastweek proved, if someone is intent upon DOSing yer connection,
there's not too much you can do, and certainly nothing proactively, to
prevent the service loss.

As to IIS4.0 and NT, well, locking up such a system can be quite a chore,
and some might argue a chore of impossiblilty.  A look at the BugtraQ
archives on NT and IIS4.0 might make ya a tad queasy.  I personally feel
NT is not up to the same tasking as uni* systems tend to be.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne