Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: port 17027

From: Bill_Royds () pch gc ca
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 08:09:08 -0400

You have people who have installed "adware" with ads from Conducent, shareware
programs that go get advertising to show on the desktop from these sites.  IF
you check HTTP traffic to those same IP's you will find a lot more, but if you
block the HTTP, the programs will try to blow away your network with about 10-15
connect attemtps a second. Best to have companty policy to not install shareware
without permission.
Look in the clients registry for entries for Conducent, Timesink or Aureate.

"Ken Fox" <kenfox () starlinx com> on

Please respond to "Ken Fox" <kenfox () starlinx com>