Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Slightly off-topic: Any good/bad experiences with High-Availability Linux clusters ?

From: Michael Erskine <osiris () vast urbanna net>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 02:14:32 -0400 (EDT)

Undoubtedly you have chased down the links at www.beosulf.org.  There are
some straight forward documents there that detail various setups.

I recommend something really simple...  sort of a mixed bag.
        Boot nodes from the local HDD.
        NFS out /home.
        Run Yellow Pages.
        Firewall the *hit out of the head.
        ... Take a hard look at SuSE they have it down to an art.
If your cluster is really a 'server farm' you can use IPCHAINS to
distribute the load across multiple nodes using the prioritization rules
described in the IPCHAINS howto.

It is a bit of work but in a week you should have it running.
;-)  Tell the boss two weeks as my estimates are ALWAYS LOW.