Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

How to Configure Firewall to Bypass Proxy server for local addresses

From: mrivera () mminet com
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 16:01:22 -0500

We are running IBM's eNetwork Firewall v3.2 on AIX.  We would like to configure
the firewall in a way so that we can bypass the proxy server on the firewall for
local addresses.  To be more specific, if a user types in the name of our
intranet site from within their browser, we want them to be able to access the
address without having them make configuration changes within their browser to
bypass proxy server for local addresses.  Any suggestions will be greatly
appreciated.