Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Firewall-1 putkey

From: "Chris Dinsmore" <dinsmoc () mediaone net>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 08:58:10 -0400

Axel,

Schedule some downtime and take all of your modules and your management
server down. Then while they are all down set your putkeys with the
following command line

fw putkey -n <primary ip of machine you are on> <primary ip of target
machine>

Many people try to set the -n option using the interface closest to their
target machine, but this is incorrect. Also if your licensed address isn't
the default or primary address of the system you may have difficulty. If you
do, you should re-order your bindings so that your licensed address is the
first card bound to each protocol. You may also need to change which ip
address is bound to which card, then switch wires around. Oh and make sure
your hosts files is accurate with respect to your primary IP address.

Christopher Dinsmore
Senior Network Architect
Salinas Group
470 Totten Pond Rd.
Waltham, MA 02451
Phone: (781)890-1267
Fax:   (781)890-1229
Email: christopher.dinsmore () salinasgroup com