Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Gauntlet Firewall

From: Russell Van Tassell <russell () cscorp com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 17:50:08 -0800

On Mon, Nov 29, 1999 at 02:51:51PM +0000, rgodinho () dominis com br wrote:
Hi,

Some one knows how can i configure the Gauntlet Firewall under NT using
only one NIC and a RAS conection with internet ?

Well, personally, I'd start by adding a network card and making sure
the thing is dual-homed... you're not, in my opinion, goign to get any
sort of adequate protection using a single NIC (you might as well have
used the licensing fee you paid to TIS/NAI for Gauntlet for something
a bit more useful -- don't squander that by only using a single network
card).

Also, the "Getting Started" guide for Gauntlet, from what I've seen,
is actually pretty decent for NT (though it sucks pretty badly for the
UN*X side of the world, IMHO -- gui, smooey... oh, to have Marcus back
at TIS in the pre-NAI days... *smirk*).

--
Russell M. Van Tassell
russell () cscorp com

 Q: Why do ducks have flat feet?     Q: Why do elephants have flat feet?
 A: To stamp out forest fires.       A: To stamp out flaming ducks.