Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Home DSL security for a neophyte

From: grelaford () saas seattle wa us
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 12:58:05 -0800

Try AtGuard fro WRQ.

www.atguard.com

I've been using it for a few weeks (at a 6-12 school) on a Win95 system.
It's excellent, especially for the price of $29.95.  Unfortunately, they
sold it to Symantec.  I think that it is available for download for the next
couple of weeks, then Symantec will be the only source.  They are going to
bundle it with their stuff, targeting the DSL/Cable Modem people...For 2x
the $$.  Note: This would NOT be a network solution.  Used on every system
on a small network, especially on NT 4.0, it will protect the average home
user just fine.  NOT a substitute for a firewalling system at a business.

-Good Luck