Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: securing bind

From: "what's your style" <ktwo () ktwo ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 01:14:57 +0800 (GMT)

http://www.openwall.com
Solar wrote the following Security Patch for BIND.

From the openwall Website.

   For some sites, it may be preferable to continue using BIND 4.x rather
   than upgrade to 8.x. Unfortunately, some security features (running as
   a non-root user, and in a chrooted environment) were in 8.x only. This
   patch makes these available back in 4.x (well, with some changes), and
   adds OpenBSD-style random ID's (the code and any bugs are my own).