Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

More Doubleclick Scans?

From: Matt Dunn <matt () electrocentric com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 14:31:37 -0500

I'm noticing a lot (and I do mean a LOT) of activity coming from various
machines associated with doubleclick in the TCP port range 27900-29500,
give or take. AFAIK, this port range isn't traditionally associated with
any particular attack, but I haven't had a lot of time lately to stay
current on the latest developments in that arena.

At this point, I'm assuming it's a variation on the port 7 thing, but I
can't see how they would justify this since (if memory serves) the
geographic locating software they had depended on the ability to recieve an
echo reply.

-Matt