Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: NT-based firewalls

From: "Baribault, Gary" <gary.baribault () videotron net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 09:30:25 -0500

Hi Mitch, here we use Gauntlet for NT and it works find, it really depends
on what you want to do, but dont ignore Gauntlet from NAI. I havent tried to
install it on Win2K yet, I am on the NAI beta program and they havent talked
about Win2K yet. I dont expect anyone will look at it until 1Q2K.

For you linux modem issue, I have gotten RH5.2, 6.0 and 6.1 to firewall,
Dial up with a USR external modem without issues. I had tried to get various
internal 'Non Name brand' modems to work without success. Are you trying to
get a stand alone machine to dial, or route thru a dialup for many machines?
If it is the latter, I do that and ude a program called DialD and it works
great.

Reply with questions if you like.

Gary Baribault