Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: HTML DOS? (http://microsoft.com/NTServer/all/Downloads.asp)

From: Wilson Roberto Afonso <wilson () zaz com br>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 09:15:02 -0300

On Tue, 18 May 1999 09:37:11 -0500, "John Mitchell" <jmitchell () american-trouser com> wrote:
    I have noticed this same behavior.  Guess what.  MS internet explorer work
wonderful on these pages.  Care to guess what the reasoning is behind that?  It
is this kind of stuff that gets everybody in a "dither" about their business
practices.  I will stop short before this becomes a rant.  Nevertheless, I feel
sure that it is an "undocumented feature" of the web site.

The (very large) performance hit is caused by the (very large) set of
tables, and IE is much better and faster.  I've always thought Netscape
should do better with tables, and I don't feel MS is doing this on
purpose to make Netscape look bad.  Even if they were, what's exactly the
problem with that ?  They're not causing the problem, they're showing
it.

-Wilson