Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: vulnerability scanner

From: Adam Shostack <adam () homeport org>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 11:26:40 -0500

Let me plug Hackershield from www.netect.com.  I think it offers some
way cool things, like the focus on scanning regularly and the
rapidfire updates, but I'm probably a tad bit biased. :)

Adam

On Mon, Mar 22, 1999 at 08:07:29AM +0100, Randolf-Heiko Skerka wrote:
| On Fri, Mar 19, 1999 at 01:36:51PM -0800, Sandy Green wrote:
| > Besides ISS and Cybercops , is there any tool
| > which does a host based vulnerability analysis
| > and also attacks the system based on known
| > attacks like IP spofing, tear drop, land attack, etc.
|
| Here is my List:
|
| http://www.webtrends.com/wss/
| Asmodeus Security Scanner
|
| http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/778/security/netsonar/
| NetSonar
|
| http://www.iss.net/prod/isb.html
| Internet Scanner Products
|
| http://www.nessus.org/
| Nessus
|
| http://www.net-guards.com/products/netguard/
| NetGuard
|
| http://www.axent.com/netrecon/
| NetRecon
|
| http://www.nai.com/products/security/ballista/default.asp
| Ballista
|
| http://www.axent.com/netrecon/
| OmniGuard/NetRecon
|
| http://www.webtrends.com/wss/
| WebTrends Security Scanner
|
| http://wwdsilx.wwdsi.com/saint/
| WWDSI's Saint Information
|
| Hmm, any more tools?
|
| > I am preparing a list of such tools. shall post it
| > here too.
|
| At least post the URL of the list!
|
| Mit freundlichen Grüßen
|
|   Randolf Skerka
|
| --
| | Randolf Skerka                              debis IT Security Services |
| | Tel. +49-228-9841-510                                   Rabinstrasse 8 |
| | Fax. +49-228-9841-60                                        53111 Bonn |

--
                                                       -Hume