Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: SSH

From: "Kevin T. Shivers" <kts () clark net>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 14:30:40 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Jim Raykowski wrote:

Hello All,
  I have Linux Slackware 3.6 and Red Hat 5.2 running on a Fujitsu
Laptop and need to run SSH on it.  Can anyone suggest a good version
to run on either or at least Red Hat 5.2.
Thanks,

I'd go for ssh 1.2.26 personally since most peole are running 1.x clients
and servers, and many people seem to fear new code, like 2.x.  Anyway, you
can get a set of 4 RPMs from ftp.replay.com which run rather nicely on a
RedHat 5.2 box.  You can get a tarball from the same site, I think, or the
official site, which you can find via a search engine (I forget the site,
its somewhere in Finland I believe).

Jim Raykowski     San Diego, CA

kts