Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

For people w/Macintoshes on their networks & VPN interests

From: Dan Keldsen <djk () delphigroup com>
Date: 17 Mar 99 11:22:02 -0500

I'm gathering stats on the potential number of people using Macintoshes
in a corporate setting who are either CURRENTLY going through a
Firewall/VPN (in combination), *OR* would like to and haven't found a suitable
product set to do the job - there are SOME options for Macintoshes, but not as
many from the larger vendors as one would hope.

This will be used to help convince one of the major firewall/vpn vendors
that there is a need in the corporate world to securly connect Macintosh
clients, and sorry, I can't reveal who the company is, and I do not work
for the company, in case you're wondering.

So, feel free to send me e-mail with: [1] a number of Macintosh clients
that you manage and [2] range of what you think would be a reasonable cost
per client (license fee).

I'd be willing to field ballpark estimates the people have for the
overall size of this market as well. All the numbers that I can gather would be
useful

Dan Keldsen            - djk () delphigroup com
Director, I.S.         - webmaster () delphigroup com
The Delphi Group       - http://www.delphigroup.com/
100 City Hall Plaza    - ph: 617-247-1511
Boston, MA  02108-2106 - fax:617-247-4957