Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Blocking Offensive Material(??) with Firewall

From: Randy Grimshaw <rgrimsha () mailbox syr edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 11:04:35 -0400 (EDT)

Jacob:
  Let me make a suggestion in the form of a question.
  If you already have a list of addresses deemed objectionable, why not
modify the DNS to misdirect these requests. Saving the content filtering,
and notification system for the evaluation of new sites.

<><Randall Grimshaw, Network Programmer, Syracuse University, 315-443-5779