Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: secure Free SMTP relay?

From: Chris Cappuccio <chris () empnet com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 11:37:21 -0700 (PDT)

Check out the obtuse juniper firewall kit and more specifically the 'smtpd'
that comes with it

www.obtuse.com

It still uses sendmail to actually deliver the mail, but sendmail never needs
to run as root

You could also use Postfix,

which can be a full MTA or can be scaled down to do whatever minimal work
you need done...

http://www.postfix.org/

--
"There's 2 T's in Two Thousand. And I'm both. Two for the price of one.
Double acting, double punching, and always Solid Gold."   -Mr. T