Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

FW-1 Failover

From: Kelvin Garrahan <Kelvin.Garrahan () digital com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 12:12:35 +0100

Hi all,

I am thinking of using FW-1 for a internal Firewall which will segregate
four networks of different security levels. The configuration is to be on
NT, with four Ethernet cards. The choice of platform is customer driven, my
original plans where to use Cisco's PIX. The main problem I have is
providing failover for the FW-1. With PIX this is not a problem. I know FW-1
supports failover/load sharing, but will this work with four interfaces?

Has anyone any experience with creating resilience for multiple DMZ FW-1
configurations?

Regards

Kel.

Kelvin Garrahan