Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Security conference NETSEC 99

From: Carric Dooley <carric () com2usa com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 11:15:19 -0400 (EDT)

Yes... definately.  Platform is critical.  Go look at checkpoint's site
and look at the throughput when comparing Windows NT versus Solaris.  I'll
let you draw your own conclusions.

Carric Dooley
COM2:Interactive Media
http://www.com2usa.com

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Sandy Green wrote:

Dear list members,

I needed to get some sort of feedback about the
recently held Security conference NETSEC 99.
All the lucky ones who atteneded this conference
would have certainily benefited from it. But for some
reason(s) I could not make it. I would greatly appreciate
if some of you could share your experiences and
learning with me.

second. This is about the firewall performance.
In my mind these would be the factors for the
bastion host performance ( processing the number
of packets and taking a decision )
CPU speed, PCI bus speed, Memory,..., and of
course the WAN link connectivity speed... any more

all thes factors have in turn a direct bearing on each
other... just like security as strong as the weakesk
link, similarly the processing speed (of the firewall)
would be as fast as the slowest parameter( CPU
speed, WAN/LAN connectivity speed, PCI bus speed...)
Please let me know your views or could point me to
resources on the web.

Thanks
sandy