Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: TCP port 7 traffic from DoubleClick

From: Joseph S D Yao <jsdy () cospo osis gov>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 18:39:05 -0400 (EDT)

Speaking of which, I saw these in my outbound logs a few days back:

my.host.com -> stats.hitbox.com:12343

ISTM I saw this on another Web site ... it seems to be a commercial or
otherwise available "hit counts" site for Web pages that can't do it
for themselves.  [?]

I haven't tracked down the specific source yet, but it's probably either a URL
or a JavaScript that is logging hit-counts for a page. The question is, as
always, what else is it logging? :-)

As always.

--
C. Harald Koch     <chk () pobox com>

"It takes a child to raze a village."
              -Michael T. Fry

;-}  Was he a small Fry?

--
Joe Yao                         jsdy () cospo osis gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support                                     EMT-B