Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: nokia firewalls

From: Eric Hall <firewall-wizards () darkart com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 08:03:04 -0700

        Okay, I'll bite <g>.  Have you set them up in a high bandwidth environment
(like multiple DS3s w/ multiple Nokia boxen)?  Or what's the highest sustained
bandwidth you've seen them run under?
        I'm looking at a firewall for multiple DS3s (probably 4), expecting to use
multiple boxen of whatever flavor works right/the best/etc.  I like the
single-box idea of the Nokias, but am yet to be convinced they can handle both
the bandwidth (in a bits/sec way) and the connection rate (connections/sec) and
keep it all in sync.

                Thanks much,

                -eric