Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Is there digital certificate equivalent for FTP

From: Andrew Brown <firewall-wizards () lists graffiti com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 15:22:33 -0400

ssh supports using RSA keys for authentication, and ssh includes two ways to
copy files - sftp and scp.  scp may be depreciated now that 1.2.27 supports
sftp.  We force our web developers to use scp with RSA auth to transfer files to
a web/ftp server rather than just allowing normal ftp.

that's ssh2, not 1.2.27.  :)

and i'd love to do the same with my "developers", but they're mostly
rather dense about this.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
codewarrior () daemon org             * "ah!  i see you have the internet