Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: FW: Firewalls

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry () piermont com>
Date: 11 Jan 1999 12:49:15 -0500

"George Perolli" <george () gaptech qc ca> writes:
Before anyone say that it would be better to have a dedicated router then a
Win95 box routing, I realize that.  However we own the card and we are going
to use it.  We are using a Win95 box because there is nothing on the
"router" that I need to protect with NT.

Why bother with Windows 95 for a router, when you could use NetBSD or
Linux or something similar?

I am currently considering 2 firwall packages:
        - CyberGuard
        - Checkpoint Firewall 1

With this config what firewall software would you recommend.

I really don't understand your network diagram based on your
posting. Maybe you could supply some ASCII art and more explanation?

Perry