Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: An option-based implementation of SYN cookies?

From: Mikael Olsson <mikael.olsson () enternet se>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 14:50:40 +0100

(Re-directed to fw-wiz from private email; hope you
 won't mind, Darren)

Darren Reed wrote:

This is really not the right forum for this suggestion, it's better
brought up with IETF folks who do RFC's on TCP et al.

Yeah but I thought this would be a nifty idea for firewalls;
SYN flood protecting a huge network isn't a whole lot of fun -
it consumes huge amounts of memory if one is to do it right.

That's why I brought it up here first. I reckon I could use
some support before trying to push this onto the IETF people's
workload:-)

Regards,
/Mike

--
Mikael Olsson, EnterNet Sweden AB, Box 393, S-891 28 ÖRNSKÖLDSVIK
Phone: +46-(0)660-105 50           Fax: +46-(0)660-122 50