Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: IPSEC client for Mac

From: Neil Ratzlaff <neil.ratzlaff () ucop edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 14:40:06 -0800

At 10:02 12/15/99 +1000, Robyn Bailey wrote:
Does anyone know of a cheap, (shareware, maybe) IPSEC client for the Mac???

I asked a Mac group, and got two responses:

1.  timestep for Windows95/98/NT and Mac at
http://www.timestep.com/HTML/ProdConCli.htm

2. "Network Associates (PGP Net) has an IPSec client - it supposedly works well with Cisco routers (if purchased through Cisco, it is fairly cheap) and their VPN solution - but I have not been able to verify yet that it will work with other routers and extranet boxes (like Contivity from Nortel). I am also aware of Nortel offering their Instant Internet Access Router (~$500) that has VPN client embedded in its software for talking to other Extranet Servers/Routers. We have been evaluating VPN / Extranet at work and presently (on the dark side) unless you are running xDSL or cable modem - the overhead for encryption is high - it is slow when the PC has to provide the encryption."