Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

SOCKS5 and DHCP on NT

From: "Hanan Cohen" <hanan () qglibrary org il>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 08:36:20 +0200

Hi

I need help with configuring the SOCKS5 proxy.
I don't want to block anything, just let my users use the services
through a proxy server..

When trying to connect from MIRC I get "*** Firewall : connection
refused."
Mail does not pass throught too.

Might it be a problem with the the "dialogue" of SOCKS5 and DHCP ?

Many Thanks

The setup
=========
Server - NT4/SP4 - Netscape Proxy server 3.5
Workstations are using DHCP to get an ip address of 10.10.0.*

(entries with paranthses are mine, that what I think they represent)

Configuration
=============
Socks port : 1080
Disable reverse DNS lookup - not checked
Use client-specific bind port - not checked
Allow wildcard as bind IP address - checked

RFC 1413 ident response: Don't ask

Tuning:
Number of worker threads: 40
Number of posted accepts: 40

Authentication
==============
Host mask:  10.10.0.0/255.255.0.0
Port range: - (dash, all)
Authentication type: None
Insert: first

Connection Entry
================
Authentication type: none
Connection type: all
Source host mask: 10.10.0.0/255.255.0.0 Port range: - (dash, all)
Destination host mask: - (dash, all) Port range: - (dash, all)
User group: - (dash, none)
Action: permit
Insert: first

--