Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Firewall Science Project

From: "Feeney, Tim" <Tim.Feeney () fmr com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 11:56:18 -0400

Kevin,

A bit more information on what your project needs to be.  Is this a physical
design and setup of a firewall, or is it a term paper?  There are numerous
groups/companies around the Boston area who you can talk to.  They may even
be located on the South Shore so that you can see how they do things.  You
may want to start by talking to some ISP's in your area about how they
firewall their sites.

One thing to note is that there is a LISA conference in Boston on December
6-11 that may be useful to you.  While the subject matter for the technical
talks may be above your level of knowledge, you would be able to see
products that are out there, and maybe even smooze a free trial version of
some firewall software/hardware.

Good Luck.  It is up to the moderator of this list (Marcus?) to extend an
invitation to send questions to the list, but feel free to send them to me.

Tim

The opinions expressed in this message do not necessarily reflect those of
my employer.
"If you don't know what you're aiming for, the chances of getting there are
nil."