Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: NT to talk to Unix

From: "Joseph S. D. Yao" <jsdy () cospo osis gov>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 14:33:50 -0400 (EDT)

I have currently installed Windows 95 OSR2(spit spit), Windows NT (NTFS
FAT) & S.U.S.E. Linux on my home machine. Everything is set up &
working, however I still have two questions to be answered:

1. Is it possible for NT to recognise or utilise the Unix partition on
the Hard Drive?

2. How do I make a call to load Linux (I have set up a batch file in c:
which runs X windows) from the NT - Boot.ini file?

There was a utility to read ext2 file systems from MSW'95, probably
works on MSW-NT, but who knows?  There is also an [old] HOWTO on
dual-booting Linux and NT.  This might be better answered in a Linux
mailing list or newsgroup - I know that some things have changed since
the HOWTO.

--
Joe Yao                         jsdy () cospo osis gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support                                     EMT-A/B