Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Trusted Unices Aren't?

From: dreamwvr <dreamwvr () dreamwvr com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 12:35:18 -0700

hi,
VV wasn't very touted wide and far, I think that the whole "volume over
unit price" argument has escaped the "secure OS" market.  At this point,
that's why I think RSBAC has some merit, if you can get it free, then the
please elaborate on RSBAC???
vendors may have to follow, since there doesn't seem to be sufficient market
to drive it as a vertical, and nobody seems to be asking for these kinds
of things in general OS' "just because."
seems like a real shame...:(

Well, I've been following 9fans ever since it started, and my impression
was that all the energy migrated to the next OS-to-be, but I've just been
skimming the messages for about a year, and not reading most of them.
wonder if others took the experiment to heart and r developing...

I'd thought the VV stuff was mostly purchased or CMW and all pre-Plan9.
I could be wrong though.
i am not certain of this but it appears from reading the info on VV it is
a chip off the old block:)
                                                Regards,
                                                        dreamwvr () dreamwvr com
Reuters, London, February 29, 1998:
Scientists have announced discovering a meteorite which will strike the
earth in March, 2028.  Millions of UNIX coders expressed relief for being
spared the UNIX epoch "crisis" of 2038.

DREAMWVR.COM - TOTAL WEB INTEGRATION, DEVELOPMENT, DESIGN SERVICES.
Featuring Website Development and Web Strategies of a TOP Developer
<http://www.dreamwvr.com/dynamicduo.html> <mailto:dreamwvr () dreamwvr com>
"As Unique as the Company You Keep."        "===0 PGP Key Available