Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Firewall Audit Programme/checklist

From: kant () adeptech com
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 98 19:16:22 MET

--- On Mon, 16 Mar 1998 15:53:41  Bret Watson <lists () bwa net> wrote:
Has anyone found or got an Audit Program for firewalls? or an audit
checklist for firewalls?

Thanks in advance,

Bret Watson

I have encountered this question many times before.  It would be really nice
if there was an automated tool to review firewalls.  I would like to get one
too which is reliable and does not give false positives or negetives, like
some currently on the market do.

But, in the real world where there are a large number of firewall products
based upon varying technologies, I think it would be hard to come up with an
automated tool.  Even across the same firewall product, the problem I
encounter is that the installations are so much different.

Rama Kant