Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Will you try to sue Bill for false advertising?

From: "Joe Ippolito - President SVNPA" <joe () joesnet com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 10:05:28 -0800

You wrote:

I'd be very careful refering to MS Proxy Server as a "firewall"...

Regards

Christopher

See http://www.microsoft.com/proxy/  for details.  Here are some excerpts:

New in security - extensible firewall!
Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0 has a number of new security features that
further enable Microsoft Proxy Server to be used as a firewall. New
security features include:
* Dynamic Packet Filtering
* Reverse Proxy/Virtual Hosting
* Server Proxying
* Real-time Alerts and Logging
* VPN Support
Plus, Microsoft Proxy Server is extensible, allowing customers to benefit
from products developed to work with and complement its security features.
These products include virus scanning, content filtering, reporting, and
traditional firewalls.

And the best thing about it is it only costs $999.  I wish I could get my
$20+K back from Check Point!